Friday, July 31, 2009

The perfect cycle?

So we're in the middle of what my friend Jane calls a 'shagathon'. I've had a very normal cycle, no doctors visits, and I'm feeling good about it. Last night we even made love without thinking too much about TTC. Now that is weird for us, because most months we are so stressed about it. Last night we did it because we WANTED to. Hard to fathom I know!

Our holiday away was very relaxing, although I certainly didn't eat as well as I should have - ice-cream every night! But we both needed that time to get away.

This week has been such turmoil (in a good way) because DH might be transferring us to NYC to live. It is my favourite place on earth, so I'm not complaining, but until we have a signed contract, I'm not getting too excited. One of the scariest things, is that we would have to get MARRIED! The US does not recognise any form of defacto relationship, and unless we're married I wouldn't be able to work. Secretly I hope I'm pregnant by the time we move in 3 months, so I won't have to think too much about work.

Now that I know about this plan for moving, it's absolutely impossible to stop thinking about it. I love New York SO much. Not sure what it would be like having a new born baby there though? Without friends and family - perhaps we are in for a tough time. But again, who knows whether we'll be pregnant.

My list of uncertainties:

- don't know when or if I will get pregnant
- don't know where I will be living in 3 months time
- don't know whether I will be getting married
- don't know when to tell my Mum about all this (she will be sad)

I have decided to stop temperature charting after this month. It is just making me obsess too much and it's not healthy. It makes me wake up in the morning too early and then I can't get back to sleep if it's too near 6.30am (temperature time). I've had 2 fairly normal cycles, in which I have clearly seen ovulation, so I really don't see any need.

If we don't get pregnant this month, DH will be off for his Semen Analysis. Turns out that he thought there was nothing one could do about a negative result. He was a bit relieved when I said that better diet, exercise etc can really help with sperm counts (and other things). I wish he'd read a bit more about it...but I guess that's just not his style.

Had a lovely acupuncture session yesterday, am expecting O day to be today or tonight (have had LH surge) so it was perfect timing. I find Heather very positive and calming.

Well that's all from me today. I'll be a sex machine for the rest of the weekend if you need me.

No comments:

Post a Comment