Tuesday, July 6, 2010

All the things I worry about.

28 weeks today. I can't even believe I'm typing that. Time seems to be flying by.
I think I have definitely grown in the last 2 weeks, and I'm feeling heavier by the day. DH arrived home from Sweden and agreed that my belly is much bigger than when I left. As a result, things are getting much more difficult - particularly with this godforsaken boot on.

Perhaps this is a stupid thing to say, but I worry a LOT that I am squashing him in there. I worry about it at night when I lie on my side. I worry about it when I twist around to get something in the shower. I worry about it when I have to lean over to pick something up. (Which happens ALL the time because I seem to drop everything.) I'm seeing the OB today and will ask him about it. I'm sure he'll laugh at me.

I've also started having dreams. Bad ones about the baby coming early. I don't know why I keep thinking about that, but it seems to be in my mind in the daytime and the nighttime. Last night I felt very crampy and was convinced that I was having BH with each cramp. When I mentioned it to DH, he got a panicked look on his face, so I had a shower and went to bed. Nothing since, so I think it was all ok. The baby had been very active in the afternoon, and sometimes that causes me to be a bit achy.

And last but not least, I'm worried about having everything ready. I feel so frustrated that I can't get out and start looking at all the things I need. DH keeps saying 'we have heaps of time'. But I really don't feel prepared. I have read a lot of websites, books and magazines and I know what we need. But I feel like my hands are tied and I can't get out of the apartment to actually pick it out. And I'm worried that DH and I are not going to agree on things.

Ok - enough of that. Here's my update:

How Far Along? 28 weeks.

Maternity Clothes? Um yes. Exclusively. (Although I do have a pretty dress from B.rooklyn Industries which is perfect for a pregnant belly.) Because of the boot, I am permanently in a dress or skirt and top. Leggings are not too easy to wear, and besides, it's so freaking hot there's nothing else I'd rather wear than loose flowing dresses. The new bras I bought in Stockholm are starting to feel tight. They are size 34E. Dear god.

Stretch Marks? Miraculously no.

Sleep? Getting seriously worse every week. With DH back (which I am SO happy about), we are back in bed together. His snoring seems to have abated which is great, but now I'm the one that wakes us up in the night. I can only lie on my left side for about 2 hours before my hip starts to kill me. Because my left leg is currently taking most of my weight, my leg hurts a lot. I am considering some sort of massage therapy to help relieve the pain.  So usually I end up propped up on about 5 pillows and sleeping on my back. Of course I'm worried I shouldn't be doing this - but there's not much choice! Oh yeah, and I have to get up 2 or 3 times per night to pee. Awesome.

Best Moment of the Week? DH coming home. The last few days were hard, and I was starting to feel like I hadn't seen him in SO long. It was the longest we'd ever been apart - 2.5 weeks. I think both of us had a niggle in our minds that if the baby came early for some reason, he wouldn't be there. But he's back, and I couldn't be happier.

Movement? Yes. All the time. I had some sort of gastro bug last week, and the baby was so active all throughout it. Perhaps my guts were particularly loud that day or something! It wasn't pleasant, and of course it was just another thing to worry about, but it passed in 24 hours. He seems to be having cycles of being awake at night (and keeping me up) and then quiet in the day, and then awake all day and sleeping at night. The thing I love the most is how he wakes up moments after me as my heart rate goes up and I move around. So sweet.

Food Cravings? No real cravings, just eating a lot. Given that I'm not burning much energy being stuck at home, that's probably not a good thing!

Gender? BOY :)

What I miss? Walking with ease.

What I'm looking forward to? Finally getting things for the nursery. I am adamant that we are going to get started this weekend.

Weekly Wisdom: Don't eat too much all at once. Especially at night. At 28 weeks, my tummy is very squished, and I can hear digestive sounds from some weird parts of my tummy. Like, way off to the side! Is that where my intestines are now?

Milestones: Third trimester is underway. In about 12 weeks we will have our little boy. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment