Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sitting around waiting to get fat

Today I am 26 weeks pregnant. Today I am also wearing a moon boot, for at least another 6 weeks.
After a shocking setback last week with my foot (re-ruptured my achilles tendon), I flew back to NYC urgently to see an Orthopedic Surgeon. Apparently the tendon has been ruptured all along, only I was misdiagnosed. Great.

So here I am in the middle of NYC summer, without my husband (who has to stay on in Stockholm until the contract is up), in a moon boot and fairly immobile. I think I am piling on the weight, which I guess is to be expected when all I do is eat, sleep and sit on my ass.

In good news, I saw my OB yesterday and got to see my little boy for a moment on the u/s. He is head down! I just think that must be so uncomfortable for him...but I guess not.  I am growing perfectly, and baby looked good. I really hate all the pitying stares I get when I'm out. People even say things as they walk past me like 'oh you poor lady'. I know it must be a tragic sight, but still, I want to be one of the hot pregnant ladies I see in the waiting room of my OB. Not the one everyone feels sorry for.

Sleeping has been ok since being back in NYC. I have my S.noogle back! Woohoo. But I think the peeing in the night is increasing, which is a challenge when I have to hobble there each time!

Anyway - enough complaining. I have a healthy little baby growing inside me who needs me to be happy and positive. We listened to music LOUD this morning and it was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment