Thursday, August 5, 2010

32 weeks

Well actually a little over 32 weeks. And wow time is going slow. And I am getting fat.
I gained 10 pounds in 4 weeks. Unbelievable. Although when you take into account the fact that walking is still an absolute ordeal in the boot I guess it's understandable. No exercise + eating = fat.
Luckily the little boy doesn't seem to be getting too fat so Doc isn't worried. He really is the best doctor - he says 'Emma don't think of it as fat, think of it as breast feeding preparation'. Bless.

I also suspect a good portion of the weight gain has been in retained fluid. My feet are like 'bear paws' according to DH, and the ankles and hands are heading in the same direction.

Without further ado, my update:

How Far Along? 32 weeks + 2 days.

Maternity Clothes? Absolutely. I have been going to a mother's group at Destination M.aternity lately and buying up singlets and some stretchy skirts to keep me going. I also had a blocked milk duct (self diagnosed of course) and decided to stop wearing the tight underwire bras. I have 3 Elle Mac.Pherson ones now and they are lovely - they are nursing bras so I'm hoping they go the distance as they weren't cheap.


Stretch Marks? Sadly yes. My belly got very itchy about 2 weeks ago, and overnight they appeared. At first I was pretty upset about it. They seem to be getting only slightly worse and I'm getting used to the idea. As long as my boy is growing I can live with the fact that a side effect is bloody stretch marks :(

Sleep? Worse by the day. I really don't enjoy being on my side anymore, although I try and force it because my ass gets sore and numb. For some reason being on my side can cause heart palpitations and nausea, and I'm convinced the baby doesn't enjoy it. He does weird movements when I'm on my side. So I get about an hour on the side and most sleep is now in a semi-seated position with a mountain of pillow. Poor DH. I am definitely starting to get more tired, although I then try and stay up late so I am assured sleep.

Best Moment of the Week? It's been a busy one. I love going to my Expectant Mom's group every Wednesday. I'm having my hair done today, and the baby shower is on Saturday. What a week - I can't pick one moment.

Movement? Yep. Baby boy is much more responsive to things now. I can poke him and he pokes me back. He likes the sound of the shower a lot! He's still head down, so a lot of movement is feet and knees in the ribs :)

Food Cravings? Still eating a lot of fruit, and have a bit of a food routine at the moment. It seems to keep me 'regular' so I'm sticking to it.

Gender? BOY :)

What I miss? Walking with ease. Still.

What I'm looking forward to? Unpacking all the lovely things we've bought for the nursery. Crib and drawers arrive tomorrow.

Weekly Wisdom: Just because your mother didn't get stretch marks, doesn't mean you will follow suit :(

Milestones: Starting childbirth classes. I was so proud of DH. 

No comments:

Post a Comment