Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ups and Downs

Well I'll start this post with the good news:
My OB appointment on Monday went perfectly. More than perfectly. It was quite possibly one of the best days of my life. I saw our little blobs heartbeat. And it was FAST!  I was by myself because DH is on a business trip. But we spoke immediately after the appointment and I could hear the relief in his voice.  Of course my doctor (who I really do like), had to go and ruin the moment by saying 'We're not out of the woods yet!'. Like I don't know that.  But who cares, because this thing is alive! And I have the picture to prove it.

On a sadder note, I think I have lost all control of my emotions.  I have been bawling my eyes out at TV, in particular the show '16 and Pregnant/Teen Mom'.  There is a young couple on it who decided to give their little girl up for adoption. It was truly heartbreaking.

Today I decided to call Ikea in Long Island who I have been having issues with since 3 weeks ago when I asked to do a phone order. Long story short, they finally took the order on Friday. The guy that took the order was clearly miserable in his job, and had a bad cold (which I heard every hideous sniff of).  I had an inkling that he wasn't getting everything in the order. However, I had faith that they would have a system, and that system would work.

How wrong I was.

Today I call to check up on the order. I have heard nothing since Friday.  The woman who answers the phone asks me who I spoke to on Friday. I say I don't know, I can't remember his name. (And I refrained from criticizing him.)  Then she gets all high and mighty and claims that she can't really help me and that I should know his name. So I ask 'how is it my problem, that you can't find my order because I don't know the guys name?'. And she say 'WHY ARE YOU BEING SO RUDE'?  WTF!!!?
Then she calms down a bit, I finally tell her that the guy was very rude, and I am very frustrated. She tells me she gets frustrated too. Do I care? Just get me my order. Which by the way, contains a bed I need to sleep in on Friday night. 
By this stage I am actually crying a little bit, and feeling angry at myself for doing so. She tells me I should go and find a fax machine and fax her this form. I tell her I am pregnant with morning sickness and there is a blizzard outside. She seems to understand.  Now I wait for 'Florence' to call me back. We'll see.

Writing this has helped me to calm down, but I'm sure in normal circumstances (I.E not pregnant) I would not have cried at this experience.  Screw them!

No comments:

Post a Comment